I was happy to come home to a nice purple package today. In this purple package were three copies of my SensorCape for BeagleBone Black. I am sending them for assembly tomorrow and hope to have them back early next week to begin testing.

Now that I have received the boards and can look at them in person, I have found a few changes that I think I will make in the final version.

  • Remove the 4 orange LED’s – I still think they are awesome but there are already 4 perfectly capable LED’s on the BeagleBone, no need to be redundant.
  • Move the pressure sensor to where the LED’s are – This will free up some extra space on the board for a better layout.
  • Reduce the number of push buttons from 4 to 2 or possibly replace with a 5 position switch – Either one of these options will free up board space and reduce cost
  • Remember to fill the area around the TMP006 – It looks like I forgot to pour my copper fill before I exported my gerber files, the TMP006 probably won’t work correctly without this but we’ll see.
  • Move the EEPROM to the correct I2C bus – This is an error I noticed before I received the boards, I have the cape EEPROM connected to the wrong I2C header, it should be on I2C2

I think that’s it, enjoy the photos below click for a full picture.

  • The Three Amigos - Bare SensorCape for BeagleBone Black Fresh Out of the Packaging

    The Three Amigos – Bare SensorCape for BeagleBone Black Fresh Out of the Packaging

  • Top View of a Bare SensorCape for BeagleBone Black

    Top View of a Bare SensorCape for BeagleBone Black

  • Bottom View of a Bare SensorCape for BeagleBone Black

    Bottom View of a Bare SensorCape for BeagleBone Black

Loading Disqus Comments ...
Loading Facebook Comments ...